Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Foundation Problem...


I have a problem...

I have very very fair skin. I used to think that this was a curse when I was younger. However, with time,I have come to love my fair complexion and have thus, become a lover of all the things that we should all use to protect our skin... sunscreen every day (even in the winter), foundation and tinted moisturizers with SPF, and most importantly, i have stayed away from the tanning beds. Love for my pale skin in hand, I have set out in search of a foundation that can match it....to no avail...until recently!
Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation was supposed to be my miracle. Walking into Sephora on a rainy work day, I remember I had little butterflies, thinking my days of blending and mixing were over. I picked 107 - Pink, the lightest shade they make which has pink undertones, which is what really sold me. Because I felt so happy, I also purchased the HD Microfinish Loose Powder and an Aqua Eyes Eyeliner (black).
That night and still in a fabulous mood, I washed my face and applied the foundation. The colour matched perfectly as it had in Sephora, so in my world nothing could go wrong. I applied the loose powder and even abandoned my beloved Dior liquid eyeliner to test the Aqua Eyes. I left the house feeling confident that I had finally found my foundation.
That night I was asked if I was feeling alright, and that I looked very pale, not something any girl wants to hear. I got home and looked in the mirror and saw that my face looked flaky and had a white film over it. The next day I tried the foundation again, without the loose powder, and halfway through the day my skin looked flaky again (which I must point out, it is not). I tried and tried and tried to love this foundation. But after many painful mornings of having to rewash my face, I finally banished MUFE HD foundation and loose powder to the lonely bottom drawer of my bathroom.
Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Mary Kay Mineral Foundation. Its a sheer powder that gives full coverage, is mineral so its really light and beathable. I was a naysayer to the whole MK thing until I tried their make-up, now I'm obsessed and I sell it haha. I didn't drink the Pink Kool-aid so I'm not a nut about it, but its pretty good stuff.

    ReplyDelete